One of the best strategies that you can use to build a community of people who know, like and trust you is to create an expert interview series. The idea is to share incredible information absolutely free and in doing so gain the trust of your new community. But how exactly to you BUILD that community? Well, here are the 5 basic steps to building your community, credibility and content with a simple interview series.
- Select a HOT Topic and Title for your Interview Series. Not only do you want to get people excited to sign up for the series, but you have got to get your guests excited to participate. There’s no great secret to finding experts who are willing to participate in an interview series and even help you build your list by sharing with their community, but if it’s a boring topic that’s been done a million times you’ll have a hard time getting them to pull away from their busy schedule to participate. But dangle an enticing topic in front of them and people will jump at the chance.
- Create a list of experts you would like to interview. Be sure to ask people you know and get introductions to those you don’t. I call this the 6-Degrees of Separation method for getting almost anyone to agree to work with you. A formal introduction can go a long way and you will be amazed at how closely you are probably already connected to some incredible guest experts.
- Schedule and Record your Interviews. You can use tools like www.TimeDriver.com to schedule calls online with little effort. For recording your calls you can use a free resource like www.FreeConferenceCall.com. I prefer Instant Teleseminar but if you want to save some money, there are great free conference lines that will do the trick. Just be sure to check the call and recording quality before getting “hitched” to a conference line company.
- Create a simple playback page to share the recorded interviews. You can set up a free playback or download page using a WordPress blog. Once your calls are recorded you can have a playback page created in a matter of minutes even if you hate the “techie” stuff. Even if you don’t want to handle this step yourself, any virtual assistant should be able to do this in a snap.
- Create a Registration Page and get your Guests to Promote the Series. This is the fun part. Once your download page is complete simply create a registration or opt-in page that people can fill in to receive access to the recordings. You can also use a WordPress blog for this, but you will also need an email marketing account with Aweber, Constant Contact or any other reputable company. This way when your guest experts tell their community about the interview series they will lead people to your registration page so that you can begin rapidly building your own community of people who know, like and trust you! Be sure to set a deadline for receiving the free recordings or you will be presenting the series as a commodity. You want folks to be eager to sign up. Even though it’s free, that doesn’t mean people will rush to pick it up if they think it will always be available.
If you want to access an incredible step-by-step program for creating your very own, highly profitable interview series then be sure to check out my Interview Series Formula program.
Be sure to leave any comments below and let me know how I can help you create your own Expert Interview Series.